Saturday, September 06, 2008

Being a Mom of Two...


...is freakin' hard! Not that I expected a walk in the park, but seriously it's A LOT. Of course, I'm enjoying being at home with my boys, but it's quite convenient how you forget what it's like to have an infant (I believe this memory relapse is the only way people have more than one) and top that with a 2-1/2 year old who has just recently decided to enact his two-year-old tantrum rights and you have simply, mayhem.

OK, not all the time. But it gets a little crazy on those days when everything happens at once. I need to remember that Aidan is only 6 weeks and we are still in "survival mode" as I dub the first three months. So things will get better and I will find the time to eat, bathe, and clean the house, right?

*Disclaimer: The third child above is not mine...that cutie (Ella) belongs to my girlfriend Kate, who is also a newly minted "mom of two".

3 comments:

Laurie M. Lee said...

I have found that everytime one has a newborn it is "freakin'" hard! We are beginning to come out of the fog. Carys is 3 months tomorrow, though the fussiness usually lasts until 4 months in our family. Hang in there. You are not alone in the craziness. No one thinks that this stage is a cakewalk.

The Carlson Chronicles said...

I love how Brennan has his arm on top of Ella's head. Only a Mom of two wouldn't freak out over that!! :) It IS freakin hard. But, we shall survive it, and probably even forget JUST how hard it is...about the time our other friends are having their second children and seeking consolation/advice. Our advice will undoubtedly be like that that I have received from other Moms of two..."It gets easier"..."You will find a balance one day." I'm still waiting for that day...but I dare say (whisper) that it IS getting a little (emphasis on the little)easier. SO great to see you in Syracuse! Miss you!

jennifer said...

It does get easier...once Brennan realizes Aiden is there for good and Aiden gets a bit better at eating and sleeping! You have two precious boys!